1 day excursions to 4 day adventures!Important Note - our accomodation is currently closed, and we are working with Janet, Kevin , and Kirk Narum, at nearby río Lindo Coffee farm, which offers similar experiences to those described below. Here is their website: https://www.riolindocoffeefarm.com/ please check it out for information on accomodation and food, and we very much hope to see you in Cuellaje. Ned and Patricia are currently working in local politics, trying to promote tourism and agriculture as a much better alternative to the metal mining projects proposed by international corporations.
Whether you're looking for a restful experience in peaceful surroundings, or an eco-tourism adventure, Cloud Forest have a trip to suit you. Just click on the menu to the left of the screen... And just to mention, you don't need to stick closely to these descriptions - we've put them here to help you see if what we offer matches well with your expectations. You can spend your days here doing as much or as little as you like, and you can choose the activities and excursions that most appeal to you each day - you are very much in control, and we'll give you plenty of suggestions once you are here to help you make the most of all that our parish has to offer.
- 2 Days - Cloudforest trail, Waterfall/ Upper Montane trail
- 3 Days - Cloudforest trail, coffee and sugar tour,
- 4 Days - Into the Jungle! Pristine cloudforest trekking experience.
- Horse-riding, fishing and milking. The Piñan lakes trail and the altiplano of the otavalo area.
- Hikes and horse rides around the small town of Cuellaje, with good chance of sighting cock-of-the-rock and many other great birding opportunities, a trip to the cuellaje communal organic fruit and vegetable garden, visits to the coffee farms of nearby La Loma, naranjilla, granadilla and tamarillo (exotic fruit) plantations, and tremendous frog chorus and firefly displays at night.